Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year! Happy 2013!


“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been”


We never know the impact we have on another person.  Yep, it’s a cliché, BUT I was reminded of its truth yesterday when I received an email from a former UCLA Extension student. 

Because of her work schedule, Vanessa missed almost half the classes and I presumed that she took little, if anything, away from the course (Interpersonal Communications).  And so I was puzzled when I found her email.  Again, I just presumed she was looking for a favor, perhaps a recommendation. 

The email contained just one sentence:

“Thinking of everything I learned in your class and feeling oh so very grateful for the positive impact it's been in my life......HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!”

Beyond surprised, I felt grateful––and happy that I actually reached a person whom I had written off.  Ah, life!

So here it is a new year and like Vanessa, I think the best and happiest way to make a new beginning is by giving thanks for all that we take into this new beginning.

At the start of this new year, what are you grateful for from 2012? 

Have you thanked the people who gifted you in 2012? 

Believe me, an unexpected “thank you” is a much-appreciated gift!



No comments: