Thursday, May 17, 2012

Burst Out Laughing


Paul Smith happens to be one of my favorite men’s wear designers.  I like his shirts because they have small, whimsical details that set them apart without being gimmicky or obnoxiously trendy.

As much as I like his designs, I know little about him.  So, I was surprised and happy to see him profiled in the June issue of Vanity Fair.

The article ends with a great quote from him:

Every day of my life, I witness something that makes me burst out laughing.

I suspect this explains his eye for detail and the sense of fun he brings to his clothes, his brand, and his stores.

But it got me thinking. . .do I burst out laughing every day?  Hmm––not really as so often I’m too stressed to notice the humorous little details going on round me.

While I’m not prepared to resolve to laugh every day, I am resolved to pay more attention to the details of every day life.  I suspect if I do, I’ll pay less attention to what causes me stress!

What about you––what do you pay attention to?

No comments: